Living With Chronic Pain? Myofascial Release May Be The Answer

Have you been living with chronic pain? The type of pain that aches despite your attempts to alleviate it with medication, stretching, deep tissue massage or even chiropractic work? If so it’s time for you to see our Myofascial Release Specialists.

The John F. Barnes Myofascial Release Approach (MFR) is a powerful form of hands-on therapy that is extremely effective in treating pain, restoring motion and encouraging the natural flow of body systems.

MFR is a massage specialty that involves gentle but sustained pressure into Myofascial, or connective tissue. We have found it very effective for management of back and pelvic pain, chronic fatigue and sleeping issues.

Why MFR?

MFR fills in the gaps between physiotherapy, occupational therapy, chiropractic and massage. While these types of therapy address the muscles and bones (which comprise approximately 20% of our tissue), MFR creates lasting change by releasing the remaining 80% of our connective tissues, or fascia.

Unlike muscles, which respond quickly to stretch or manipulation, the connective tissue (fascia) requires 5-7 minutes of gentle, sustained pressure before it even beings to release. This is the case because the fascia is wrapped around most structures within the human body, including muscles that can become restricted due to overuse, trauma, or inactivity. Stressed fascia tissue can trigger pain, muscle tension and diminished blood flow. By targeting myofascial tissue, MFR is a wonderful option for pain relief.

You could view MFR as a soft tissue therapy for the treatment of skeletal muscle immobility and pain. This alternative medicine therapy focuses on relaxing contracted muscles, improve blood and lymphatic circulation, and stimulate the stretch reflex in muscles.

I’m in pain. Can Myofascial Release help me?

Some of the benefits of going through a series of MFR treatments are decreased pain, increased blood circulation, improved nerve functioning, and a stronger immune system.

Here’s a listing of just some of the conditions that MFR can help improve:
– Back Pain
– Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
– Chronic Fatigue
– Disc Problems
– Fibromyalgia
– Gastrointestinal Issues
– Migraine Headaches
– Mobility Issues
– Muscular Tension
– Neck Pain
– Sciatica
– Sports Injuries

What should I wear to an MFR session?

MFR is performed on the skin but patients remained clothed throughout treatment. Men should wear a pair of running shorts and women shorts and a sports top/bra or a 2-piece swimsuit. Please do not wear any kind of lotion prior to your treatment session.

Achieving Results

Discover that your body has a natural self-corrective mechanism that can unwind tension, reset muscle memory effects and restore your body to a calm, relaxed and fluid state.

The reason the John F. Barnes Myofascial Release Approach can achieve such amazing results is that it is following your body and drawing out your natural healing response. The body knows how to be pain-free, relaxed and supple all it requires is a little time and space in the proper environment. We work with the body, not against it to elicit the person’s own energy and awareness so that the results are theirs to keep.

Myofascial release could be the solution to relieving your pain. Book an appointment with us by clicking here.